Emergency tips when faced with water damages
- Use household vacuum to remove water.
- Use T.V.’s or other appliances if they have gotten wet.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet.
- Go into rooms where ceilings are sagging from water.
- Contact your insurance company
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Separate wet fabrics into like colors to prevent bleeding.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping, blotting or with a wet/dry shop vac.
- Remove lamps, etc. from wood furniture and wipe dry.
- Prop up or hang any cushions to dry. Check for possible color bleeding.
- Place aluminum foil between furniture legs and any carpet to prevent staining.
- Open drawers and doors for complete drying.
- Remove art and oil paintings to a safe and dry place.
- In the summer, turn on air conditioning for maximum drying; in the winter, set the heat to 70 degrees.