Here is a list of some of the events going on in Maine summer 2017 :
- Windjammer days June 25th-July 1 Boothbay Harbor Hosting a week long event full of pancake breakfasts,waterfront concerts, fireworks over the harbor, tours of Navy Vessels and the Coast Guard station and even some pirates! boothbayharborwindjammerdays.org
- Yarmouth Clam Festival July 21-23 Enjoy clams, lobster rolls, pancake breakfasts and homemade pie. There is live music on four different stages,a clam shucking contest,street dancing, fireworks,a professional bike race,parade and a firefighters muster. clamfestival.com
- The Bold Coast Sea and Sky Festival July 21-22 Machias The second annual family friendly Bold Coast Sea and Sky Festival will include a Kite Flying Competition,Medieval Reenactment, Human Foosball Tournament, Sprint Triathlon,Fly a Drone and a large kids area along with several Genres of music. There will also be craft artisans and commercial vendors.
- Maine Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival July 29 Portland There will be more than 70 brewers on hand to talk to. This is said to be one of the biggest beer festivals of the year, so buy your ticket early, as they have been known to sell out! mainebrewersguild.org/events
- Blues Festival Bangor Waterfront July 28th and 29th
Friday July 28th…
- 4 p.m. – BETWEEN DEAD STATIONS – Maine- A modern blues trio from Maine featuring gritty vocals and searing guitars.
5:30 p.m. – SEAN CHAMBERS – Florida – One of the finest blues artists on the scene today with gripping vocals and electric guitar work.
7 p.m. – DANA FUCHS – New York – A fantastic singer, songwriter frequently compared to Joplin and Jagger.
8:30 p.m. – Jimi Hendrix Experience by TEXAS FLOOD – Texas – Get ready for this high energy band. They will knock your socks off!
Saturday July 29th…
1 p.m. – STESHA CANO – Maine – Easy to listen to, hard to define singer-songwriter from Maine who breathes life into every note.
2:30 p.m. – JAMES MONTGOMERY – Boston – When James plays his harmonica, he really “brings it home”. He carries on the tradition of blues, and is one of the most dynamic performers on the scene.
4 p.m. -MURALI CORYELL – New York – Murali dazzles audiences with passionate and dynamic live performances that leave his audiences wanting more!
5:30 p.m. – MR. SIPP – Mississippi – A Delta Blues Force recognized for his amazing vocals, songwriting ability, musicianship and upbeat, outlandish shows!
7 p.m. – NICK MOSS BAND – Chicago – Recognized as one of the greatest guitarists of his generation, fans flock to his shows knowing they will be a grand musical experience!
8:30 p.m. – COCO MONTOYA – California – Renowned guitarist and vocalist, Coco mixes forceful, melodic guitar playing with passionate vocals and memorable songs, delivering the blues’ hardest truths.
Please bring chairs as there is no other seating. Alcohol sales are cash only. Under 21 is allowed in the venue, but proper ID is required to purchase alcohol. All sales are final. No refunds. No pets allowed except service animals.Tickets are non-refundable but are transferable. Admission includes all entertainment. Food may be purchased separately. No outside food, beverages, weapons, coolers, laser pens and similar focused light devices, professional cameras and recording devices, musical instruments, scooters, bikes, bags or umbrellas are allowed inside the venue. Must be at least 21 years old with valid ID to purchase or consume alcohol.
- Maine Lobster Festival August 2-6 Rockland This festival has been a tradition in Maine since 1947. This festival offers up over 20,000 pounds of lobster, maritime demonstrations,arts & crafts vendors, live entertainment and harbor cruises. mainelobsterfestival.com
- Maine Antiques Festival August 4-6 Union This event has over 100 dealers from across New England. Shop hundreds of antiques or enjoy fried seafood,blueberry pie and lobster rolls. maineantiquesfestival.com
- Acadian Festival August 11-15 Madawaska This event celebrates Maine’s long French-American heritage. There will be a Poutine Palooza, poutine eating contest and a 5k color run. There will be a reenactment of the first Acadian landing in northern Maine, a golf scramble, softball tournament, live entertainment, cultural displays, parade and a traditional Acadian supper. acadianfestival.com
- Machias Wild Blueberry Festival August 18, 19, 20 This amazing festival celebrates everything blueberry, from pies to crafts. There will be live entertainment, a parade, contests, amazing food,a beautiful view and even a baked bean supper! www.machiasblueberry.com
- Great Falls Ballloon Festival August 18-20 Lewiston More than 40 hot air balloons will float above Lewiston offering a spectacular view. Reserve a spot for a launch ride at 200.00 or just a brief tethered ride for 10-15 per person. There will be live music, a carnival, crafts, food and fireworks. greatfallsballoonfestival.org
- American Folk Festival August 25-27 Bangor This spectacular event held on Bangor’s beautiful waterfront presents the music and dance from the many cultures that make-up America today. There are amazing food vendors, crafts and the most diverse group of entertainers you can see in any one location. This is a must see!
- Blue Hill Fair August 31-Labor Day A true country fair offering music, agriculture, exhibits, truck pulls, fireworks,craft vendors and some delicious food. Located in beautiful Blue Hill, Maine, this is a true Maine experience.
- International Sea Plane Fly In Greenville September 7-10 This event held on beautiful Moosehead Lake brings people from all over to watch airplanes fly in. Greenville offers one of Maine’s most beautiful views along with mouth watering food, fun, shopping and entertainment. Make sure to take a ride on the Katahdin, a 1914 steamboat. This is a 3 hour cruise of beautiful Mooshead Lake with a narration of the region’s rich history. email@example.com.
- New England Rib Fest Bass Park Bangor September 15th & 16th This event will be one that you will surely love. Enjoy beautiful crisp Maine fall air and sunshine while feasting upon delicious ribs and listening to amazing music. Friday September 15th includes live entertainment from the rock legend Loverboy. Saturday they will change over to a country flare with Wynonna & The Big Noise along with Roudy Yates from Country Gold Saturday Nights. 11am-10pm