This summer is off to a rainy start so far, but fear not….here are some fun ideas to warm anyone’s day.
- Movie’s… never underestimate the power of a good movie to lift your mood.
- A good book. Escape within the pages of a good book.
- Paint at home or enjoy a paint and sip event with a local artist.
- Indoor treasure hunt. Everyone loves a treasure hunt! It is so much fun to see the joy on their faces when they search for clues.
- Make a family recipe together and share with a neighbor and you brighten someone else’s day too!
- Create a collage of all of your favorite things by cutting out pictures from magazines. Kids love any project that involves glue.
- Make a fort. Make the biggest, baddest fort anyone has ever seen and lay inside to read with a flashlight.
- Have an indoor snowball fight. Crumple up paper and use them as homemade snowballs. Use a old coffee can or bucket to play toss with the snowballs.
- Host a tea party… when else are you going to use those fancy clothes. It will be sure to put a smile on their faces!
- Family Game Day
- Spa day
- Smoothie challenge: write down 5 yummy ingredients IE: strawberries or juice and 5 yucky ingredients IE: mayo or vinegar, write each ingredient on a piece of paper and fold and place in a hat. Each person grabs 5 slips from the hat which they will then mix together to try. The challenge is… will you actually drink your smoothie? Kids LOVE this challenge because it is a mix of making “potions” and watching your face as you try to drink this.
And of course…. nothing beats an afternoon nap on a rainy day.